For this season’s Spectacular Bride magazine, the Bridal Spectacular team coordinated a fashion shoot to display the skills of ten Las Vegas wedding photographers, showcase the latest bridal gowns, and display the artistry of local make-up specialists and hair stylists. With four models and one breathtakingly beautiful location at Ravella, a Dolce Hotel and Resort at Lake Las Vegas, we set out to capture the essence of 2012’s bridal style.
Las Vegas brides, we couldn’t be happier with the results! As the magazine’s publisher, Debra Hansen, wrote in our recently released issue of Spectacular Bride: “It was an editor’s dream and challenge to narrow the selection down to fourteen photos for the feature spreads … of Spectacular Bride.”
With so many possibilities, we knew we had to show more. This month, we asked the photographers who participated to send us their favorite photographs from the Ravella Fashion Shoot. Today, we’re revealing those selections to you!
D. Tyler Photography
As the artist who created our magazine’s cover image for the January 2012 edition, D. Tyler Photography captured this bride in all her glory amidst the setting sun.
- Model: Alex Long, Hair and Make-Up: Amelia C. and Co., Dress: Vera Wang from David’s Bridal.
Dave Lite Photography
The Secret Garden or Alice in Wonderland? Either way, this floral Justin Alexander style is the perfect dress for an outdoor ceremony, followed by a simple garden party.
- Model: Alyssa Mayhew, Hair and Make-Up: Your Beauty Call, Dress: Justin Alexander from Bowties Bridal
Even fiercely passionate brides will find their place amidst the rich European villas and vast waterscapes of Ravella’s romantic oasis resort.
- Model: Rachel Steffensen, Hair and Make-Up: Hair’z Melinda, Dress: Essence of Australia from Bridal Elegant
D. Jay’s Entertainment with TiffanyG Photography
Natural beauty beams bright for this romantic bride with her hair in a low, side-swept chignon, plus natural make-up tones, all by Amelia C. and Co.
- Model: Laura Covington, Hair and Make-Up: Amelia C. and Co., Dress: Essence of Australia from Bridal Elegant
From the trees’ twinkle lights to the old Hollywood shadowing, this photographer creates a dynamic image of a truly glowing bride.
- Model (left): Alex Long, Hair and Make-Up: Amelia C. and Co., Dress: Vera Wang from Couture Bride
- Model (right): Alyssa Mayhew, Hair and Make-Up: Your Beauty Call, Dress: Monique Lhuillier from Couture Bride
Cardin Creative Photography
Through a slim gown with embellished straps and bodice ruching, this classic bride’s beauty commands just the right amount of attention.
- Model: Alyssa Mayhew, Hair and Make-Up: Your Beauty Call, Dress: Enzoani from Las Vegas Bridal Gown
Orange Soda Photo
With traditional print area rugs, wall sconces, and hanging chandeliers, the traditional elements of this venue accentuate the modern styles of these gowns.
- Model (standing): Laura Covington, Hair and Make-Up: Amelia C. and Co., Dress: Pronovias from Las Vegas Bridal Gown
- Model (sitting): Rachel Steffensen, Hair and Make-Up: Hair’z Melinda, Dress: Alita Graham for Kleinfeld from Couture Bride
Mindy Bean Photography
This photographer summons the bride’s inner strength with a bold pairing of her elegant gown and sensual style against the hall’s grand setting.
- Model: Alex Long, Hair and Make-Up: Amelia C. and Co., Dress: Vera Wang from David’s Bridal
Knight Sounds Photography
This venue’s vibrant organic mosaics complemented this gorgeous bride’s full ball gown skirt.
- Model: Laura Covington, Hair and Make-Up: Amelia C. and Co., Dress: Sottero and Midgley from Bowties Bridal
Amidst the setting sun, this bride’s blush bridal gown reflects a soft glow for a romantic style with lush layers in a modern hue.
- Model: Alyssa Mayhew, Hair and Make-Up: Your Beauty Call, Dress: Wtoo from Las Vegas Bridal Gown
Beyond the Imagery:
Las Vegas brides, we’d like to encourage you to contact the photographers whose signature styles you connected with most. Then take note of your favorite dress designs, and visit the stores that sell these selections. Lastly, consider which hair stylists and make-up artists created bridal looks that you love, and schedule consultations with them prior to your own special day.
Next week: Return to Bridal Spectacular’s Blog to view all new bridal gown designs and photographs, including our night session, from our Ravella Fashion Shoot! Read the article: “Discover your Las Vegas wedding vendors through the Ravella Fashion Shoot.”
Author: Allyson Siwajian © 2012
Special thanks to Ravella and its team for hosting our fashion shoot, providing a relaxing suite for our models, and treating our entire team so well!