As the 2013 bridal fashion wrapped up in New York City last week, thousands of brides-to-be now have even more gorgeous dress options to choose from. These fabulous looks include everything from sheer sleeves embellished with shimmering beads, soft pleated necklines, sophisticated vintage lace and much more. With so many options available, it’s a truly difficult decision determining which look is right for you.
Finding your perfect dress is undoubtedly one of the most challenging decisions in the wedding planning process, second only to committing to the ideal location(s) for your ceremony and reception. So where do you start? How do you know what’s right for you? And more importantly, how do you choose a dress that you are not going to regret when you look at your photos five, ten and even twenty years from now?
The best advice is to simply choose a style that fits your personality and is a true a reflection of who you are. More than likely you are going to receive endless suggestions from your family and friends, making your decision even that much more difficult. But remember, this is your day, not there’s! Choose the dress that you like most and feel comfortable wearing. Also, make sure to keep in mind the time of year of your wedding and pick a style that coincides with the season and your venue to create a perfect and seamless wedding look.
For the fashionistas, you may want to follow the new trendsetters from bridal fashion week. These looks include: beautiful lace overlays, soft peplum skirts, sleeves, tiered dresses, embellished backs, and illusion necklines. An example is the below dress from Bridal Elegant. This gown includes a stunning lace overlay across the back and throughout the entire dress. It also has the ability to remove the fuller skirt and train so you can have a more elaborate look during the ceremony, but more mobility and function during reception.
Another great option is finding a gown that blends more modern and traditional styles together like the Martina Liana gown from Bridal Elegant. This dress includes the lace overlay across the top, but flows down at the waist into an elegant satin gown topped off with a ribbon belt to give you a romantic, yet contemporary look.
Lastly, be sure to give yourself plenty of time to find your perfect dress. A good rule of thumb is to begin looking about a year before your wedding, especially if you are going to want something custom. Borrowing advice from the TheKnot.com, here is a great timeline to follow:
- 8-9 months to the big day: Head to the bridal salons to begin trying on different styles. Make sure to bring photos of some of your favorite dresses to help you narrow down the choices.
- 6-8 months: Finalize your selection and buy your dress! This is also the perfect time to begin picking out your bridesmaid dresses.
- 2 months: Schedule your fittings and confirm your pick-up date. Keep in mind that there are generally three fittings: the first at six weeks out; the second at one month out; and the final fitting with one to two weeks before your big day.
- 2 – 3 weeks: Pick up your dress and make sure you have all of your accessories (veil, hair pieces, jewelry, shoes, corset, bra, etc.)
Are you ready to go dress shopping now? Stop by Bridal Elegant or any of these great Las Vegas wedding retailers:
- Alfred Angelo: http://www.alfredangelo.com
- Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal: http://www.bowtiesbridal.com
- Bridal Elegant: http://www.bridalelegant.com
- David’s Bridal: http://www.davidsbridal.com
- Mina Olive: http://www.minaolive.com
Also be sure to attend Las Vegas’ upcoming Bridal Spectacular bridal show in January to see all the latest bridal fashions firsthand, or visit Bridal Spectacular online for more Las Vegas wedding gown information: http://www.bridalspectacular.com/Las_Vegas_Wedding_Apparel_Bridal_Gown_Bridesmaids_Etc_1.aspx