At Bridal Spectacular, we have the incredible privilege to work with the best and most talented wedding professionals throughout Las Vegas. As such, we would like to take the opportunity to highlight these remarkable local wedding vendors and share some of their amazing work. First up, Cardin Creative Photography.
About Cardin Creative Photography
Cardin Creative Photography is all about providing a fun photography experience combined with amazing photos and excellent customer service. Owner, Chelsy Cardin enjoys getting to know her clients and ensuring everything is customized to fit their individual needs and personalities.
Chelsy’s photography style is natural, timeless and real. She focuses on her client’s personalities, their true emotions and expressions, and utilizes the surrounding area to tell the story of their wedding day. She is extremely detail-oriented and loves to capture all of the intricacies that make her client’s wedding day unique.
The Cardin Creative Experience
Chelsy loves to begin working with her clients with an engagement photo session. This is great for the couple because they can choose a custom location anywhere in the greater Las Vegas area and it’s the perfect way to become comfortable in front of the camera before the big day!
During the wedding planning, Chelsy truly enjoys learning about the details of her client’s wedding plans and offers suggestions (as needed) so everything flows smoothly. She creates custom photography timelines with each couple several weeks prior to the wedding day to ensure that everyone knows where to be at the right time and to help make the entire day be a fun and stress-free experience.
Tips For Choosing Your Wedding Photographer
While Brides need to consider different details and options with each of their vendors, here are a few suggestions from Chelsy for choosing your perfect wedding photographer:
- Style. Do a little research on wedding photos. Are you drawn to traditional or modern poses? Would you prefer to be posed and looking at the camera or do you prefer a more candid approach? All photographers have a different style of shooting, and knowing YOUR personal photo preferences will make it easier to narrow down the style you are looking for.
- Personality. This is one that many couples don’t think about (at first) when beginning their wedding photographer search, but it’s extremely important. Your wedding photographer is with you for many hours, sometimes all day. The photographer is with you during your intimate moments (getting dressed) and must interact with all of your close friends and family. Be sure to choose a photographer that you ”click” with, that you can easily talk to, and who puts you at ease in front of the camera. The photographer’s personality will (hopefully) have a positive impact on you to keep you calm, happy, and relaxed at all times of your wedding day.
- Packages. Some wedding photographers offer complete packages while others offer A La Carte pricing (and some offer both options). What items would you like included? A wedding album? Parent albums? A CD? Printed products? An Engagement Photo Session before your wedding day? Also, how many hours are you interested in? If you want complete coverage of your wedding day (getting ready, the ceremony, the formal photos and the reception) then you’ll need approximately 8 hours. 6-8 hours is standard for wedding photography coverage.
- Price. Many couples make their hiring decisions based on price, however, wedding photography is one area where you truly get what you pay for. With great quality comes a higher price point for packages, hourly rate and products. Keep in mind that your wedding day is a once in a lifetime experience and your photos will last a lifetime! All of your wedding planning, all of your decisions (what colors, what flowers, what cake, what dress, what venue) will all be documented with your photos. Long after you eat your cake, your flowers will die, and you will put the dress in the closet, your wedding photos will always be there to remind you of your perfect wedding day. For that reason, look for quality when choosing your wedding photographer.
- Experience. Weddings are tricky. You only get one shot to get the right shot. For this reason, stay away from hiring a friend or relative. Wedding photography is one of the most demanding types of photography there is, and these are your memories. Professional wedding photographers love weddings and they have the experience to know where to be at the right time, what to do in every situation, and they always have professional backup equipment. Every wedding is different, every couple is different and every photography timeline is different. Your photographer needs to be detailed, keep things on track and know how to use the time efficiently.
For questions or to learn more about Cardin Creative Photography, please visit www.cardincreative.com. And, for more great information on Las Vegas wedding planning, be sure to visit http://www.bridalspectacular.com or attend our upcoming bridal show on March 22!
Veils, Tails & Cocktails Show Information
- Date: Friday, March 22, 2013
- Time: 6pm-10:30pm
- Location: Bristlecone Ballroom inside ARIA Resort & Casino
- Admission: $15
- Receive $5 off admission when you buy tickets online! Enter promo code: VTCBlog