With the stunning fall colors and delicious cooking, Thanksgiving is without a doubt one of the most remarkable times of the year! From the beautiful hues of browns, reds, yellows and oranges to those mouthwatering dishes of turkey, savory mashed potatoes and delectable desserts, creating a Thanksgiving inspired Las Vegas wedding is a great and unique way to incorporate this amazing time of the year into your very own nuptials. We, at Bridal Spectacular have a few fun ideas on how you can transform your Thanksgiving favorites into a gorgeous wedding theme everyone will love!
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
The Wedding Attire
With a Thanksgiving inspired wedding it’s essential to showcase autumn colored attire! For the bridal gown, choose a soft ivory or off-white dress adorned with a brown, beige or orange belt to incorporate that autumn look.
For the bridal party, the guys can dress in tan or chocolate brown suits wearing with a variety of seasonal colored ties, such as blood orange, golden yellow and merlot red. For the bridesmaids, outfit them in the same shades as the guys’ ties for a stunning display of autumn colors!
And for the flowers, think of dark red dahlias, golden black-eyed Susans, yellow and orange calla lilies, yellow sunflowers and orange roses. Then, you can incorporate that Thanksgiving touch by adding details, such as acorns, green berry sprays, sprigs of seeded eucalyptus, or clusters of hypericum berries.
The Wedding Menu
Thanksgiving is certainly one tastiest meals of the year! Transform your favorite dishes into a wedding-worthy menu with these delicious ideas!
- In place of green bean casserole, serve crispy fried green beans in mini cups or paper cones.
- How about the sweet potatoes? Dish up sweet potato fries or tater tots in paper cones. You can also create sweet mashed potatoes shooters topped with marshmallows, pecans and cinnamon. Yum!
- With a Thanksgiving menu you must have turkey, right? Include passed mini-turkey sliders or turkey and cranberry finger sandwiches.
- To incorporate butternut squash, try a savory and healthy quinoa and squash salad. Or, if you want something a little warmer, serve fresh butternut squash soup in a squash rind bowl. It’s not only a tasty dish, but it also adds that extra Thanksgiving harvest theme.
- Love mashed potatoes? Set up a spud bar with different toppings, such as cheese, bacon bits, sour cream and chives. Serve the mashed potatoes in a martini glass for an upscale “mash-tini!”
- More turkey! For your main course, serve roasted turkey with an orange zest cranberry sauce, corn bread stuffing and pumpkin ravioli. Delish!
- Who needs a wedding cake when you have pie? Dish up a variety of pies flavors, such as pecan, blueberry, peach, strawberry and cherry. You can also give out the extra pie filling as a wedding favor!
- What’s Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? Set up a dessert bar with pumpkin pie shooters, cake pops and cheesecake bites to incorporate this Thanksgiving favorite.
- Love apple pie? You can also consider serving apple pie shooters, mini apple crisps and apple pie cake pops.
- Cranberries anyone? Have a cranberry fizz cocktail with vodka, ginger beer and fresh cranberries as your signature drink. For something a little sweeter, try cranberry-spice cocktail with fresh cranberries, crystallized ginger, Aperol, hard cider and Cranberry-Anise Bitters.
- Want more pumpkin? Serve a pumpkin martini, pumpkin spiced punch or a pumpkin ale.
- And for the vino lovers out there, include spiced wine with ginger and cinnamon or spiced apple sangria with Spanish red wine, spiced apple cider, orange juice and brandy. Cheers!
For more wedding planning tips and ideas, please visit bridalspectacular.com or follow us on Facebook, twitter and Pinterest. And, be sure to save-the-date to attend our Winter Bridal Show January 17 and 18 at Cashman Center!
Receive $5 off admission when you buy tickets online! Click here and enter promo code: Blog2014