With the stunning fall colors, warmth of family and togetherness, and some of the most delicious meals of the year, what better way to share your gratitude with your loved ones than with a Thanksgiving wedding! From the décor, colors, menu and more, we at Bridal Spectacular have some great ideas on how you can transform your Thanksgiving favorites into an exquisite wedding theme everyone will love. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
The Wedding Attire
In order to create a Thanksgiving inspired wedding, it is essential to display the beautiful colors of autumn! For the bridal gown, select a soft ivory or off-white dress adorned with a brown, beige, deep red, or orange sash to integrate that autumn feel. For the groom and his groomsman, outfit them in tan or chocolate brown suits with a variety of autumn colored ties, such as blood orange, golden yellow, chocolate brown and merlot red. Then dress the bridesmaids in the same shades as the guys’ ties for a stunning display of Thanksgiving colors!
For your flowers, consider choosing of dark red dahlias, golden black-eyed Susans, yellow and orange calla lilies, yellow sunflowers, and orange roses or carnations. Then, incorporate a Thanksgiving touch by adding embellishments, such as acorns, green berry sprays, sprigs of seeded eucalyptus, or clusters of hypericum berries.
Beautiful Autumn Décor
One of the best ways to truly showcase any wedding theme is through the décor! For a Thanksgiving wedding, incorporate themed details into your aisle pieces, alter, aisle runner, centerpieces, seating cards, place settings, menus, favors, dessert table and more! Choose the same colors, flowers and embellishments you selected for your bouquet and wedding attire to ensure the theme is seamless from start-to-finish.
The Wedding Menu
Thanksgiving is certainly one of the most delectable and fun meals of the year! Transform your favorite dishes into a wedding worthy menu with these tasty ideas!
- Turkey is a must with a Thanksgiving menu! For your main course, serve up roasted turkey with an orange zest cranberry sauce, corn bread stuffing and pumpkin ravioli.
- In place of green bean casserole, serve crispy fried green beans in mini cups or paper cones.
- Love mashed potatoes? Set up a spud bar with different toppings, such as cheese, bacon bits, sour cream and chives. Serve the mashed potatoes in a martini glass for an upscale “mash-tini!”
- Don’t forget the pumpkin pie! Set up a dessert bar with pumpkin pie shooters, cake pops and cheesecake bites to incorporate this Thanksgiving favorite!
- And for your wedding cake, consider decorating it with beautiful autumn leaves, brown ribbon and of course a pumpkin.
For more wedding planning tips and inspiration, please visit http://www.bridalspectacular.com or follow us on Facebook, twitter and Pinterest. And, be sure to save-the-date to attend our Winter Bridal Show January 16 and 17 at Cashman Center where you’ll find more great wedding themed and ideas!
Receive $5 off admission when you buy tickets online! Click here and enter promo code: BLOG2015