Seating your guests at the wedding reception
How you seat your guests at your wedding reception can make or break the evening. If at all possible, you want to choose a room that allows all the guests to see the head table and dance floor. Some facilities are split into two rooms or an L-shape which will split up your guests and make it hard for them to be part of the party.. Here are some other considerations:
- Bars: Consider having more than one so your guests don’t have to push their way through tables to get to them.
- Have a table for singles: Consider putting all your single guests together at one table, they will have much more fun than sitting with families or married couples.
- DJ or Band: Needs to be placed where they can see the dance floor and the head table, and cake table since they will be directing many of festivities.
- Headtable: This can be either a one sided banquet table large enough to seat the whole wedding party or a double sided banquet so their immediate families or mates can sit with them. You can sit up to 24 people at a head table, the more the merrier. The sweetheart table for the bride and groom only will leave you filling isolated from your own party.
- Cake Table: This will be the focal spot for one of your very special events, make sure it stands out and is located in a good spot for photos with a good well lit background.
- Party People: These people will be the ones having the best time and will be happiest near the bar and the dj or entertainment. They don’t have to be near you!
Talk to the real experts by attending our next bridal show, check for dates here: BridalSpectacular.com You’ll find everything you need under one roof.