Capture your love story in the flash of the moment. With an engagement session by a professional wedding photographer, you and your groom will create memories that will reflect the spirit of one of the happiest times of your life. But how do you make sure your engagement shoot reflects your personality, interests, and style? Read today’s bridal tips to learn how you can sculpt images you’ll love for years.
• Fall in love with a style that fits you: If you like the photographs in a company’s professional portfolio, then you’ll probably like how he or she shoots your photos. Not quite sure about their style? Move along; it’s not the right fit. Find a photography company whose style you can’t live without. You’ll know it when you see it!
• Like it or Leave it: Schedule a consultation with the photographer. Do you get along? Does he or she make you comfortable? If not, try again at another company with a similar portfolio. Your feelings toward your photographer will show in your facial expressions throughout your photos, so make sure you hire someone who makes you feel calm and worthwhile. You’ll have no problem posing in front of someone you trust.
• Location, location, location: Choose a location you love. If you want high-drama photos, travel to an area that will give you that—be it the Las Vegas Strip or Red Rock Canyon. Prefer a more close-to-home feel? Then try a photo shoot in your backyard, kitchen, or bedroom. Select an area that will make you comfortable and confident while also reflecting your ideal feel for you and your groom’s relationship.
• Bee-e-e Yourself: Easier said than done when there’s a cameraman in your personal space. To be natural, focus on your groom and don’t worry about looking silly. Be who you are, in the place you are. Your photographer will make your everyday expressions and gestures pop on film. Then in all your images, you’ll look just like you!
• Kiss your man in public! Sure, it might be odd at first. But the more you show your affection for your groom, the more your love will be displayed in your engagement photographs. What an amazing prelude to your wedding!
• Those matchy-matchy couples: Brides and grooms, choose outfits for your photo shoot that complement one another. Ladies, if you’re wearing a cocktail dress, he can wear a suit. If he wants to kick it in jeans and a T-shirt, aim for a cardigan with jeans or a casual skirt. The goal is to blend, not be identical twins, in your clothing color and style. With the right clothes, you’ll complement one another in yet another element of your relationship, and the photos will be breathtaking!
Brides, do you want to start this process as soon as possible? Visit Bridal Spectacular’s website to find a list of professional Las Vegas wedding photographers. Or if you prefer to meet and greet multiple photographers in one day, purchase your tickets to the next Bridal Spectacular bridal show. Once you find who you want to work with, let the excitement of your engagement shoot begin!
Author: Allyson Siwajian © 2011
Photographer: Jamison Frady of Quiet Art Photography © 2010 (Images used by permission.)