This weekend, many guys will give their girlfriends the best Christmas gift imaginable. It starts with a tiny ring box, kneeling to the floor, and a simple question that takes so much love and courage to say: “Will you marry me?”
Ladies, if you’re groom recently asked you this question and you said “Yes,” congratulations! You’re officially an engaged woman and now a bride-to-be. I’d like to encourage you to take a few days to just revel in the romance of this moment.
But once you’ve celebrated, it’s time to start your exciting wedding planning. For any bride-to-be who’s looking for tips about how and where to start, review these helpful features as you begin to plan your Las Vegas weddings.
1. Look around: Today’s wedding industry has so many eye-opening elements to offer, like professional planning tips, idea galleries, and stories by brides just like you. Take a spin to visit these wedding websites: BridalSpectacular.com, TheKnot.com, and WeddingWire.com. If you prefer magazines, then pick up a copy of BRIDES, one of the most well-known national bridal magazines. For local details, order a complimentary copy of Spectacular Bride magazine, known for Las Vegas wedding tips, real stories, planning guidelines, reception décor ideas, and bridal gown fashion.
2. Choose a date: The first official step for wedding planning is to choose a date. Select the time of year that you like most, and consider a timeline that gives you (and your guests) plenty of time to plan ahead. Once you have a month in mind, visit venues to see what specific dates are available at your favorite locations.
3. Find a venue: Now that you know when you’d like to get married, find the perfect place to host your wedding. Do research online to view photos and prices, so you can find a locale that fits your style and your budget. Then make appointments with your top five Las Vegas wedding venues. Take a tour, view their packages, and see which staff you connect with most.
4. Utilize your resources: From the venue to the vendors, it’s best to be informed before you book. Use your resources, brides. This includes bridal forums, online reviews, and websites. Also, view the resources that we at Bridal Spectacular offer. Check our Las Vegas Wedding Blog for tips and its “Wedding Network” category for vendor spotlights and interviews. Also, visit our website to discover recommended wedding professionals in every field.
5. Attend a bridal show: While websites and reviews are helpful, the best way to find your ideal vendors is to meet them in person. To do this efficiently, attend a bridal show. At Bridal Spectacular, we host three shows each year to bring the best and the most vendors together under one roof for our brides. Come visit our next show on January 20-21, 2012, at Cashman Convention Center. You’ll meet vendors, gather information, receive a free subscription to BRIDES magazine, witness breathtaking fashion shows, and even find a few professionals to book for your big day.
Now that you know where to start, feel free to dig deeper. View our website to find names and contact information for specific vendors. Search our blog articles for wedding tips and trends. Look through magazines, make a timeline, save the date, and most importantly, remember the true reason for your wedding. It’s about the marriage, the man you love most, and the love you’ll share for eternity.
Congratulations, brides-to-be, and Merry Christmas!
Author: Allyson Siwajian © 2011
Photographs: Lauren Patton of NerdieBlonde Art; Bridal Spectacular logo with Laura Covington, Debra Hansen, Digs Studio, and Paper and Home